Q.1: What fraction of a clockwise revolution does the hour hand of a clock turn through, when it goes from:
- 8 to 10
- 3 to 4
- 5 to 12
- 1 to 3
Q.2: Where will the hand of a clock stop if it,
- starts at 1 and makes 1/4 of a revolution, clockwise ?
- starts at 5 and makes 1/2 of a revolution, anti-clockwise ?
- starts at 4 and makes 3/4 of a revolution, clockwise ?
- starts at 9 and makes 1/2 of a revolution, clockwise ?
Q.3: Which direction will you face if you start facing
- west and make one full revolution clockwise ?
- south and make 1/2 of a revolution anti-clockwise ?
- west and make 3/4 of a revolution clockwise ?
- north and make 1/4 of a revolution clockwise ?
Q.4: What part of a revolution have you turned through if you stand facing
- north and turn anti-clockwise to south
- south and turn clockwise to west
- north and turn clockwise to east
- west and turn clockwise to east
Q.5: Find the number of right angles turned through by the hour hand of a clock when it goes from
- 5 to 8
- 9 to 3
- 7 to 1
- 11 to 7
Q.6: Where will the hour hand of a clock will stop if it starts
- from 5 and turns through 2 right angles ?
- from 10 and turns through 1 right angle ?
- from 2 and turns through 3 right angles ?
- from 6 and turns 2 right angles ?