Q.1: What were the preparations in the palace for ?
Ans: The preparations in the palace were for the grand feast.
Q.2: Why did the Maharaja go into the kitchen in the afternoon ?
Ans: The Maharaja went into the kitchen to survey the dishes that had been prepared for the feast.
Q.3: What had the cook planned to do with the vegetable scraps ?
Ans: The cook had planned to throw away the vegetable scraps.
Q.4: Ingredients are the things that are used to make a dish. Circle the ingredients of avial in the box below:
Ans: Chillies, Vegetable Scraps, Coconut, Curd, Garlic, Curry Leaves.
Q.5: State whether the following are True or False:
a) The king had ordered a dinner in the palace. True
b) No one had ever heard or tasted avial before. True
c) The cook had planned to make another dish using the vegetable scraps. False
Q.6: The recipe to prepare avial ?
Ans: The steps to prepare avial:
- Wash and clean the mix of vegetable bits.
- Cut the vegetable scraps into long strips.
- Grind some coconut, green chillies and garlic.
- Whip some curd and mix in it.
- Pour some coconut oil on the top.
- Decorate with curry leaves.
- Avial is ready